Sunday, July 17, 2011

32 Years Young

I venture to Vegas whenever financially possible, and since I've been pinching pennies all year long, I put aside some cash, month by month, for my birthday trip to the desert.  This year topped all others in terms of margaritas (gag...even the word makes me want to hurl), heat, and awesomeness.  What was most impressive about this trip, aside from my ability to stay away from the roulette table and my half-plank on a police car, was The Cosmopolitan Hotel.  It is incredibly chic in its design aesthetic.  The hotel features artwork from contemporary artists and offers an artist in residence program for those who are willing to have their work on display in the hotel.  Even the garage has artwork commissioned from Shepard Fairey and Retna! I have made the decision to stay at this hotel on my next visit, no matter the cost, in the hopes that just a bit of its amazingness will be bestowed upon me.  Enjoy these shots, as I have borrowed them from the web, seeing as I forgot to bring along my camera...like a fool.
-M.






No comments:

Post a Comment